1. The Department offers Three Post Graduate Courses – Applied Electronics, Communication Systems and VLSI Design.
2. The department consistently organizes faculty and staff development programmes sponsored by AICTE, ISTE, CSIR, Anna University and by other funding organizations.
3. The Department conducts “Cisco Certified Network Associate” programme in collaboration with the CISCO Network Academy.
4. The department students are being consistently judged the as best out going students at the college level for both men and women category.
5. Our Students have regularly participated and won many prizes in programme organized by reputed institutions including IIT Madras and Anna University.
6. The students of both UG and PG courses are motivated to do their academic projects in the recent research areas of Electronics and Communication and they published papers in international journals and international conferences.
7. Our faculty have published their work in National and International Conferences and Journals including IEEE publications.
8. The Department is accredited by NBA
9. ISO Certified
10. It is also an Approved Research Center by Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore
11. An International conference, ICRAES’10 (International Conference on Recent Advancements in Electrical Science), was conducted in collaboration with the department of EEE, sponsored by CSIR, IETE and IEEE Madras section.
12. The Department conducts a National Conference on Advanced Telecommunication Technologies (NCATT) every year.
The Department conducts a National Level Technical Symposium “BLOOM” every year to cater to the needs of the students.
1. The Department has a strong faculty team with broad areas of specialization including Advanced Communication Systems, Optical Communication, VLSI, Embedded System, Bio-Medical Engineering, Digital Systems and Applied Electronics with areas of interests in Digital Communication, Computer Network Security, Digital Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing and Computer Communication.
2. For every semester, our faculty team prepares course schedules and courses files for the subjects handled. The students are provided with their course schedule and the lesson plan of the subject handled by the faculty. The course file includes study materials, previous years’ University question papers and other supporting materials covering the entire syllabus. To improve the student’s core skills on recent trends in the field of Electronics and Communication ICT methods like video/audio lectures are provided.