B.Tech - Information Technology
This is an exciting period for the Information Technology as the rapidly changing technology creates many opportunities and challenges. Department of Information Technology is prepared to meet the challenges and is playing a leadership role in shaping the education of the 21st Century by providing unique educational and research opportunities in the forefront of Computer Engineering, Information Technology and their applications.
The Department of Information Technology was started in 2001, offering B.Tech.(IT) programme under the affiliation of Periyar University ,With excellent laboratory and research facilities, the programme was continuously affiliated by the Anna University Chennai upto 2006 and later by Anna University Coimbatore. Accreditation of NBA committee for the under graduate programme of this department was obtained in the year 2008.
The Department of Information Technology is the oldest department in the college occupying a prominent place. Our faculty members are dedicated in teaching with the desire of taking research. We have well equipped and furnished IT lab with state-of-art technologies, having connected by campus Area Networks with 10 Mbps high speed internet connectivity. The department focuses on the overall performance of building IT professionals.
The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain areas in Computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction. The Department has an excellent placement record and the placed students are in prestigious software industries all over the world.
1. To develop analytical and problem-solving abilities to build solutions using information and communications technologies (ICT)
2. To develop students capability to anticipate and manage technological changes in computing and allied domains
3. To enable students to understand the scientific, mathematical, theoretical foundations on which ICT systems are built
4. To expose students to design principles, standards and best practices pertaining to ICT systems development and management
SCOPE FOR EMPLOYMENT
1. Students who graduate can start as system developers and move on to become architects, technical leaders and managers
2. As solution developers / specialists in IT / IT-enabled services or as system developers / integrators
3. As software developers in industry vertical sectors such as manufacturing, banking / finance, health care
4. As design engineers in building network security and management solutions. As computing and IT consultants, independent solutions developers and entrepreneurs / Other options include planning, designing and managing IT infrastructure