As per the guidelines of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), the establishment of an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a mandatory requirement for all NAAC-accredited institutions.
K.S.R. College of Engineering was accredited by NAAC in January 2023 with CGPA 3.69 on a seven-point scale at A++ Grade. The IQAC has been consistently and actively involved in quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities. It is a participative cell of the college that works towards achieving holistic academic excellence.
The objectives of the IQAC are to
a. To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
b. To promote measures for the institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Accordingly, IQAC strives to evolve mechanisms and procedures for
1. Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks
2. The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
3. Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
4. Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
5. The credibility of evaluation procedures
6. Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and proper allocation of support structure and services
7. Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are as follows
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
3. Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
4. Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes, and promotion of quality circles
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
8. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
9. Development of Quality Culture in the institution
10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture
3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
6. Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The institutions need to submit yearly the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC. A functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third, or subsequent cycle accreditation. During the institutional visit, the NAAC peer teams will interact with the IQACs to know the progress, functioning as well quality sustenance initiatives undertaken by them.
The Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR) may be part of the Annual Report. The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the HEIs (such as Syndicate, Governing Council / Board) for the follow-up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.